How Is Car Insurance Beneficial During Natural Disasters?
Posted on February 21,2023
Your car will be protected by comprehensive car insurance in the event of a natural disaster such as cyclones, floods, storms and earthquakes. An individual should make sure that their car is covered by Shriram Comprehensive Insurance which provides end-to-end coverage.
A Third-Party (TP) Insurance policy doesn't cover damage caused by natural disasters. In Third-Party insurance the insurer only agrees to cover the car owner's liability to third parties.
Own damage (OD Coverage) is specifically designed to cover damage against major expenses for your own car. Comprehensive Insurance refers to a policy that covers both own damage (OD Coverage) and third party liability (TP).
In India, all comprehensive insurance policies cover damage to a car caused by natural disasters. Also, you are not required to pay anything extra for your car insurance policy to cover the total loss.
Let's look at a scenario for a better understanding, a huge earthquake hits one’s city, destroying many of their valuable things, including their car. Fixing a broken car is going to cost an individual a lot of money. But if an individual has full coverage on their four-wheeler insurance, the insurer will pay if they lose the car. But you can't do this with third-party insurance.
Even if you have the most suitable car insurance but it only covers third-parties, you will have to pay to fix or replace your car if it is damaged by a natural disaster. So, if an individual wants their four-wheeler insurance company to pay for damage to their car caused by a natural disaster, they must have a comprehensive policy.
What Shriram Car Insurance policy can do for you during Natural Disasters?
Getting Shriram Comprehensive Insurance policy is a good investment that will help you out when things get tough.
Here are some of the advantages of having comprehensive cover during a natural disaster.
Cashless Claims Benefits
In the event of a natural disaster, cashless claim benefits are one of the main advantages of having four-wheeler insurance. If a cyclone damages your car, an individual can call their insurance company and ask for a cashless claim. The insurance company will pay for their car to be towed to the nearest garage and take care of the bill as applicable.
No Claim Bonus (NCB)
If an individual has selected comprehensive car insurance coverage, they can take advantage of the NCB. If an individual doesn't have any Own Damage claims during the policy term, they get the advantage on their renewal premium. They also have the choice to transfer their current NCB to a new Shriram Car Insurance policy.
Having a trouble-free inspection and claim process is another perk of getting a comprehensive insurance policy online. Do not be afraid if a natural disaster causes damage to your insured car. Choosing a comprehensive plan, can provide an insured with high-quality services and inspections without any stress.
How Do I File Shriram Car Insurance Claim for Natural Disaster Damage?
If a natural disaster damages an individual's car, they can file a claim under their comprehensive insurance policy.
To file a claim with your four-wheeler insurance company, follow the steps below:
- First, get pictures and videos of the damaged car from every angle and newspaper articles about natural disasters.
- Don't move your vehicle away from the spot where the natural disaster happened and write down the date and time it happened in your area.
- Register your claim with insurance company at their toll free numbers on immediate basis.
- The insurance company will guide you to get your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
- Your insurance company will send a surveyor to look at the damage to your insured car.
- Send your insurance company all the documents they need to process their claim.
- When your car is repaired, your insurance company will pay the applicable repair price if the garage accepts cashless claims and you can take it back from the garage.
- When a claim for reimbursement is being processed, one must pay the repair costs and submit them to their four-wheeler insurance company. Your insurer will then check the submitted paperwork and repay you for the claim amount.
Shriram Car Insurance Add-on Covers
If you live in a place where disasters frequently happen, your car is always at risk of getting damaged. Some parts of your vehicle can be worn down over time by repeated damage, which may not be covered by a basic comprehensive insurance policy. The good news is that Shriram Car Insurance offer a variety of add-on covers which are not covered by a comprehensive policy. Here are some of the most common add-on covers:
It keeps one’s car from losing value and helps them get an IDV (Insured Declared Value) that is the same as your car's current market value without any depreciation.
Daily Reimbursement is an add-on cover that reimburses for using a private vehicle while their own vehicle is being repaired. The maximum reimbursement amount and time period are provided as per the motor insurance policy guidelines.
Return to Invoice
Return to Invoice coverage allows policy holders to receive compensation equal to the original invoice value of the vehicle (the vehicle's original purchase price), if the vehicle is stolen or total loss, the claim is valid.
Shriram Comprehensive Insurance plans cover damage caused by natural disasters. Buy add-ons to make your four-wheeler insurance policy more comprehensive with maximum coverages. Make sure to follow the steps above to protect your car from natural disasters with Shriram Car Insurance Policy.
Is there any insurance for natural disasters?
There is no such thing as a natural disaster four-wheeler insurance policy, add-on or other kinds of cover. Natural disasters are covered under the Comprehensive Insurance plan. So, your car will be automatically protected in case of a natural disaster with a Comprehensive Insurance policy.
What does comprehensive insurance not cover?
Comprehensive insurance policy won't pay for repairs or maintenance that your car needs because of normal wear and tear.
Why is car insurance so expensive and how can I save on premium?
It is always important to have enough coverage, so you should never settle for less coverage. Renewing your policy on time and installing anti-theft devices will help you to save on your premium. It is wise to get the right policy and keep yourself and your vehicle protected.
- In India, all comprehensive insurance policies cover damage to a car caused by natural disasters.
- If an individual has selected comprehensive car insurance coverage, they can take advantage of the NCB.
- Getting Shriram Comprehensive Insurance policy is a good investment that will help you out when things get tough.
- So, if an individual wants their four-wheeler insurance company to pay for damage to their car caused by a natural disaster, they must have a comprehensive policy.
Make your ride reliable, Insure it now! with Shriram General InsuranceInsure Now
You may be interested in
Love our blog posts?
Subscribe to get updates directly to your e-mail inbox
- Car Insurance
- Two Wheeler Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Home Insurance