Job Title: Risk Engineer - Manager
Qualification: B.Tech, Chemical Engineers will be preferred.
Relevant certifications or courses in plant safety, risk management, industrial safety, or related fields would be highly beneficial.
Experience: Proven experience of at least 3+ years in risk engineering or related roles, preferably in the general insurance industry.
Location: All Major Cities
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our team as a Manager - Risk Engineer. The candidate will be responsible for assessing and analyzing risks associated with insured properties and providing risk management solutions to mitigate potential losses. The role requires a strong technical background in engineering, with a focus on plant safety. The position will be based in all major cities, and will require to travel to different locations as per business needs.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments of industrial plants, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, and other commercial establishments.
- Evaluate potential risks and hazards associated with the properties, such as fire, explosion, electrical hazards, machinery breakdown, and natural disasters.
- Utilize engineering principles and industry best practices to analyze and recommend risk management measures to mitigate potential losses and enhance safety standards.
- Assess the adequacy of existing safety systems, equipment, and procedures in place at insured properties and make recommendations for improvements or modifications.
- Conduct site visits to insured properties to gather data, inspect safety systems, and interact with property owners, managers, and employees to understand the operational risks.
- Review and analyze engineering drawings, specifications, and technical documents related to insured properties to identify potential risk factors and develop risk management strategies.
- Prepare detailed risk assessment reports, highlighting identified risks, recommended risk mitigation measures, and estimated potential loss scenarios.
- Collaborate with underwriters, claims professionals, and other stakeholders to provide technical support and guidance in underwriting decisions, claim investigations, and loss prevention activities.
- Stay updated with industry standards, regulations, and emerging trends in plant safety and risk management practices.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops for internal stakeholders and external clients on risk management, plant safety, and loss prevention techniques.
Join our dynamic team at Shriram General Insurance and contribute to our mission of providing innovative insurance solutions while expanding our market reach.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of plant safety principles, risk assessment methodologies, and risk management techniques.
- Familiarity with applicable safety codes, regulations, and industry standards (e.g., NFPA, OSHA, IS, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex risks and develop practical risk management solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with clients, underwriters, and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in conducting site inspections, analyzing technical documents, and preparing detailed reports.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities, ensuring timely completion of assignments.
- Willingness to travel to different locations to conduct risk assessments and attend client meetings.
- Strong computer knowledge – Proficient in data monitoring, analysis & representation using Microsoft Office tools.
Apply today and be a part of our success story.